What is MS WELLNESS INDIA?
FSSA already had an annual property – a contest by the name of MS FITNESS INDIA, which was started in the year 2015. After the success of the FSSA MS FITNESS INDIA, the team decided to reach out to a wider audience and hence MS WELLNESS INDIA came about.
It is an annual contest conceptualized, designed and formalized by FSSA Management with help from our external expert advisory board.
The mission of FSSA MS WELLNESS INDIA is to empower wellness, in the Indian subcontinent, via the medium of education, awareness and collaborations to / with the professionals, general public and corporate about preventive health and wellness.
Our vision is to be recognized as a premium annual property and authority dedicated to ensuring optimal well being for our country’s citizens and to contribute, significantly towards the country’s wellness economy.
Wellness is a modern word with ancient roots. The key tenets of wellness as both preventive and holistic can be traced back to ancient civilizations from the East (India, China) to the West (Greece, Rome). In 19th-century Europe and the United States, a variety of intellectual, religious and medical movements developed in parallel with conventional medicine. With their focus on holistic and natural approaches, self-healing and preventive care, these movements have provided a firm foundation for wellness today.
Wellness can be defined as the active pursuit of activities, choices and lifestyles that lead to a state of holistic health.
There are two important aspects to this definition. First, wellness is not a passive or static state but rather an “active pursuit” that is associated with intentions, choices and actions as we work toward an optimal state of health and well being.
Second, wellness is linked to holistic health—that is, it extends beyond physical health and incorporates many different dimensions that should work in harmony.
Wellness is often confused with terms such as health, well being and happiness. While there are common elements among them, wellness is distinguished by not referring to a static state of being (i.e., being happy, in good health, or a state of well being). Rather, wellness is associated with an active process of being aware and making choices that lead toward an outcome of optimal holistic health and wellbeing.
Wellness Is Multidimensional
Wellness is about more than just physical health. Most models of wellness include, at least, the following 6 dimensions:
Physical: A healthy body through exercise, nutrition, sleep, etc
Mental: Engagement with the world through learning, problem solving, creativity, etc
Emotional: Being in touch with, aware of, accepting of, and able to express one’s feelings (and those of others).
Spiritual: Our search for meaning and purpose in human existence.
Social: Connecting with, interacting with, and contributing to other people and our communities
Environmental: A healthy physical environment free of hazards; awareness of the role we play in bettering rather than denigrating the natural environment.
About the contest:
The contest is of 100 marks with the following rounds:
1. Your story / journey (20 marks) – The contestants need to send us a write up (sent to us on word / pdf) which would be then marked by our expert advisory board. This needs to be accompanied by a couple of short videos (detailed guidelines and forms shall be sent to all contestants by 10th June 2020)
2. Physical Ability (20 marks) – Live via zoom with our mentors for this round.
Suicide Planks (Max to be performed with correct form and technique in 3 mins)
Situps (Max to be performed with correct form and technique in 1 min)
3. Flexibility (20 marks) – The contestants shall be invited via a zoom call to show any 3 poses of their own choice (gymnastics / flexibility / yoga / advanced yoga) in front of all the jury members / team / panelists.
4. Mental health aptitude (10 marks)
A real time live questionnaire that will be sent out and the contestants would have a set time to finish it and send it back to us.
5. Introductions and overall screen presence (10 marks)
The contestants will have to come for a pre set time span and talk about themselves or any questions asked by the management which would be scored by the jury members.
6. Q and A round with the jury (20 marks)
The questions shall be selected from the profile / write up / introductions you would have submitted to us. (or general questions related to wellness)
How to register?
The Registrations are closed for 2020
Are there any categories?
Yes, there are categories according to the age
18 – 25
25 – 35
35 – 45
There will be winners announced in each category.
What will the contestants / winners get?
1. Get a chance to become a FSSA Wellness Ambassador (There will be only one across all age categories and this position will be held for 12 months)
2. Certificate of Participation (for all contestants)
3. Winner certificates (for winners and runners up of each category)
4. FSSA education voucher worth INR 5000.00 i.e. use these vouchers for any training, anywhere in the country (for all contestants)
5. FSSA education voucher worth INR 10000.00 (for all runner ups, in any age category)
6. FSSA education voucher worth 25000.00 (for all winners, in any age category)
[Note: These vouchers are very powerful and can be used for the following affiliated brands also: National CPR Foundation (USA), IAPC (Australia), NCSF (USA), GOFLO Suspension Training (USA), SKILL INDIA, CQC (Council for quality control), EREPS (Europe), Stretch & Dance (India) to name a few.
8. Invitations to all FSSA events / launches / conferences (fully paid for)
9. The winners shall also get premium opportunities to Participate in Fitness / Wellness Initiatives – This could be in their regions / communities or elsewhere, especially projects in their areas of interest.
10. All the winners and runners up shall be provided access to our educational webinars/seminars/virtual conferences.
11. The winners would also get extensive media coverage with our media partners
12. All winners and runners up shall be announced on our social media handles and website
13 All awards/recognition that you will get from our partners, sponsors and other affiliates.
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
1. Kindly note that the contest name is FSSA Ms Wellness India (not just Ms Wellness India) and the complete name should be used whenever you mention or post about it on social media or elsewhere. It is compulsory to use these two hashtags #fssa #fssamswellnessIndia every time you mention / post about contest or upload pictures on social media.
2. The registration amount is not refundable and non transferable under any circumstance(s)
3. This is a 100% virtual format contest
4. Participants cannot challenge the final decision of the management and/or jury
5. In case of a force majeure, the event may be rescheduled, postponed and or cancelled without any refunds what so ever.
6. The management is not responsible for technical faults / slow speeds / internet not working
7. Participants must wear a headband to tie their hair up (In fitness rounds)
8. All participants must wear gym appropriate black footwear (In fitness rounds)
9. No jewellery may be worn. Jewellery must be removed before the participant will be allowed to participate (In fitness rounds)
10. If, at any time, or due to any reason(s) a contestant is injured / bleeding, has an open wound, or is not well, the player will be directed to leave and take appropriate action
11. FSSA, Fitness and sports sciences association, its management, owner, CEO, faculty, referee, family, representatives, partners, sponsors, volunteers, facility, venue, team members will (under any circumstances) NOT be held responsible for any injury / accident / stroke / death or any other loss/damage that may occur to the participant or anyone during any of the rounds of the contest.
12. There are NO CASH PRIZES for this contest in any category
13. The format/scoring guidelines is tentative and can change even till last minute
14. The participants are expected to behave always in a respectful and dignified manner themselves and towards each other as they are now representing a brand and an annual property.
15. All disputes are subject to Gurgaon Jurisdiction
16. FSSA reserves the right to admission
17. Depositing the payment is an indication of your interest in registration and not confirmation. FSSA may terminate your application ANY TIME WITHOUT ANY NOTICE on sufficient cause.
18. Ms. Wellness India, FSSA, Fitness and Sports Sciences Association, Making fitness your future are registered trademark and property of FITNESS AND SPORTS SCIENCES ASSOCIATION
19. Use of steroids or any kind of performance enhancement drugs is strictly prohibited
20. Please note the scores of any round of the competition will not be shared with the contestants at any point of time.