Originated in ancient India, Yoga typically means “union” between the mind, body and spirit. It involves the practice of physical postures and poses, which is also referred to as “asana” in sanskrit. As the name suggests, the ultimate of practising Yoga is to create a balance between the body and the mind to attain self enlightenment.
To accomplish it, Yoga makes use of different movements, breathing exercises, relaxation techniques, and meditation etc.
What is Dakshesha Yoga?
Any method that allows us to wake up to who or what we really are and to what life is all about, is Yoga.
Dakshesha is another name for Lord Shiva. Lord Shiva, among the great deities of Hinduism, most personifies the practice of yoga. As Yogeshwar, the great lord of yoga, he rules over all aspects of yoga relative to body, mind and consciousness.
Shiva is the lord of asana practice with 84 lakhs of asanas said to have derived from his movements. As Nataraj, the lord of the dance, his dance and gestures also reflect yoga postures.
Dakshesha Yoga embodies this thought that Shiva is the inner guru of Yoga and all true gurus and yogis shall function with his teachings, grace and insight.
Price INR 28500.00
Introduction to Yoga
– Meaning of Yoga
– Origins,history and development of Yoga
– Different definitions of Yoga
– Different streams of Yoga
– 8 limbs of Ashtanga Yoga
– Various benefits of Yoga
– Understanding the practice of Asanas
– Understanding breathwork and bandhas
– Understanding meditation
– Various Yogic relaxation techniques
Role and responsibilities
– Define the role of a Yoga Wellness Instructor
– Explain the responsibilities of a Yoga Wellness Instructor
– Expectations from a world class Yoga Instructor
– Yoga principles and knowledge of ancient texts
– Food habits and other instructions as per Yogic philosophy
– Functional Anatomy and physiology
– Fundamentals of biomechanics
– Basics of core and posture
– Warm ups and mobility drills
– Asanas in various body orientations
Planning instructing and delivering a Dakshesha Yoga Session
– Understand Dakshesha and its relevance to Yoga
– Top qualities of a Dakshesha Yoga Wellness Instructor
– Understanding N.A.M.S.E.T/Use of Imagery and Concept and importance of Flow.
References and Recommended Reading
1. Must be over 18
2. Must have a govt. issued photo ID card (In case of Indian nationals, an Aadhar card)
3. Must understand English
4. Must have access to a PC/Laptop/Tablet with a string internet connection